Artists in Residence brings high-quality artist residencies to schools across the UK. We are currently working with UK schools, helping them to improve their art curriculum by connecting them with artists to co-design a residency project that meets the needs of individual schools and students. These residencies not only offer the students a chance to develop practical artistic skills but offer an insight into what a career in the arts may look like. Students are not the only ones to benefit from the residencies as they are also a great opportunity for teachers’ professional development and help to raise the profile of the arts within the school.
-To inspire young minds to explore pathways and progressions to a career within the creative and cultural industries.
– To raise the status and value of the creative arts in education.
– To create opportunities for the creative and cultural industries to work with schools.
– To support schools to offer an enriching arts curriculum.
We seek to facilitate partnerships between schools and artists from a variety of professions within the creative sector, which can include, but is not exclusive to:
- Fine arts (painting, sculpture etc) and crafts
- Design (product, graphic and fashion etc)
- Film, TV, video, radio and photography
- Literary arts (poetry, spoken word)
- Performing, theatre visual arts and dance